Tuesday, June 3, 2008

cherished day or dreaded day?? I'm 20 : ) : ( ?


Birthday is a happy day for most of us I'm sure. But there's always two sides of a story...

-Another complete year has passed since my birth... Another year less for me to live in this world.

-I'm getting older, I'll get more 'legal' stuffs to do (e.g. driving)... I'm getting older, so I'll have more responsibilities, am I prepared to be asked about it in the hereafter?

-I lived another year... A year passed by, which is not changeable, did I spend it wisely?

-A longer life... a shorter one?

The most intelligent people among you are the ones who always remember death and prepares to face it.

Know ye (all), that the life of this world is but play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting and multiplying, (in rivalry) among yourselves, riches and children. Here is a similitude: How rain and the growth which it brings forth, delight (the hearts of) the tillers; soon it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then it becomes dry and crumbles away. But in the Hereafter is a Penalty severe (for the devotees of wrong). And Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the devotees of Allah). And what is the life of this world, but goods and chattels of deception?

Al-Qur'an, 057.020 (Al-Hadid [The Iron])

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails