Friday, June 13, 2008

A Journey Down Memory Lane (Part 1)

I spend a considerable amount of time outside during my childhood days. Maybe because I don't have my cute and adorable laptop to keep me company. haha. (As I was bored with DOTA and internet surfing and youtubing and shaiyaing) I decided to go out to the real world, where I used to spend my time with my siblings and friends back in primary school.

It was shocking to see the places where I've spent most of my childhood time as they were totally different back then compared to now. This also means that I haven't been out of the house for quite a long time. Come to think of it, I've been spending most of my time at home in the house, without really giving any thought of what's happening outside.

Readers, if you do not want to spend your precious time reading about how I spent my time years ago (when I was about 6 to ten years old, coz the fun stops after ten in my case), you better stop now. Go click the back button or turn open any game or go to your facebook or friendster profile now. Haha.



This is the picture of my house compound (bigger version). Just like any other kids, I like to spend my time here with my siblings and friends. If you look at the picture closely, there are two big mango trees. Of course back then, they weren't THAT BIG. We (of course this refers to my parents) planted them when we moved here in 1994. They were very small, and there are not many trees around. I still remember how small there were, couldn't have been taller than I am now. But look at them now.

I remembered my siblings and I (four of us at that time) once planted four pineapple trees (one tree each). We arranged them in a line and took care of them. But they died in the end.

Now the mango trees are old, and we've tasted the fruits they bore on numerous occasions (the fruits were always very sweet). I don't think it's going to produce anymore though, coz it's been a while I think since the last time (I guess the trees are too old already XD). That's all for now. There'll be more coming.

Next: A horrific traumatic event that nearly costs me my life (as I remember it).

1 comment:

TOPeX said...

heh .. sweet old memory lane ..

did you remember, when we moved here, the lands were barren, no grass, no trees, just rocks and red earth.

(almost) 15 years. such long time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails