Friday, October 10, 2008

welcome junior doctors

well i made it to the UK, to do my dream course Medicine.

only time will tell whether I'll make it though this phase.

what now?

do i just study like i did in the pass?

culture shock? to tell the truth, i think I'm more shocked by the cultures of malaysian here rather than the brits. Or could it just be me being naive and immature?

confused? of course I am... there's just too many things here to comprehend and make sense (most i still couldn't)

but staying here surely opens my eyes that faith and religion isn't important to some people... and hedonistic behavior and lifestyle is very dominant in humans nowadays...

how can someone fell satisfied with a life without a greater purpose? a purpose that goes beyond the life on Earth?

will i be fine here? they academic staffs keeps on reminding us (medical students) that they consider us as junior doctors... and tht our profession as a doctor begins now~ and that there's not much space to play around and study just to pass exams like before~ and that everything we'll be learning are to be remembered for the rest of our lives~

on the other hand, they can't seem to refrain themselves from arousing unnecessary (in my opinion, feel free to disagree) feeling of uneasiness among us by plainly telling us about the dropout percentage, future workload, etcetera. XD

well... that's almost 4 weeks here in leeds

the most noticeable change is of course the extremely (sometimes) cold weather~ especially when it rains~

i'm also finding it hard to mix around in class... as most of them are local students... who speaks english just as easy as we borak kat warung kopi kot.... x yah pon pikir ape!

but well.... i'll definitely give my best... dis is it, i dreamt of being here for years... and yes it was a great motivation for me to move on... whenever an obstacle stands in my way, and whenever disappointment slapped my right in the face~

hope I'll survive, coz i'm a survivor!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails