Friday, December 5, 2008

The Creepy Piano~ [some lessons learned :D]


There's this piano at the dining room (also the kitchen) of our house. Our landlord left it there, I'm not really sure why... Maybe he just got nowhere else to place it and finds it convenient to make our house as a makeshift "warehouse".

All 7 of us cannot play the piano well enough, but I'm pretty sure that all of us know the basic (that what's needed to make sounds out of it is by pressing on the keys XD). Occasionally we do get a visitor who had piano lessons, and can play it well...

That aside... There's this one night. I was "studying" alone in my very one "study room", also become my 2nd bedroom in some nights. OK2... It's actually the living room, but I've been lurking around to "study" as the exam is coming around in a few weeks' time. This room is adjacent to the kitchen, where the piano is...

It was around 3 or 4 am I think, when i suddenly heard someone "playing the piano". It sounded very nice~ "but, noone can play the piano like that", I thought. My heart started racing... I was alone... early in the morning... what should I do???

"The person kept on playing", it sounded so perfect... like a pro... I decided to peek into the kitchen... So i gathered all my courage and put a facade of bravery, and went out of my "study" room. With trembling hand, I grabbed the kitchen's door handle. I muttered Bismillahirrahmanirrahim and swung the door open~

I woke up with my heart racing. My laptop on the table is still on, playing Maxim's tracks. I was on the sofa. My spectacles and some papers I was reading earlier were on the floor in front of the sofa... Serve me right for:
1. Not turning off my laptop b4 sleeping
2. Not setting aside the "studying" to sleep when it's time to sleep.

well, that's it. I'd like to make it clear that the story is the improvised version of what I can vaguely remember :D. I would also like to clarify that I used the " " for study because my definition of that word is NOT as in the dictionary~


S

study : occasional reading of some random pieces of paper while facebooking, listening to songs or music, watching cartoons or videos online, playing games, chatting, talking (if someone's willing to sacrifice his study time to waste time with me).

(excerpt from: Munzir's unreliable Dictionary, 1th Edition)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails